The After Market Sales Specialist is an advisory sales person that can educate RP Fedder’s customers on the total cost of buying, storing, installing air filters and operating equipment protected by air filters.
The successful candidate will be given an exclusive territory with an existing book of business. Air filters are a recurring purchase for most customers, so territory growth comes from securing new customers. The successful candidate will leverage existing company relationships for introductions into new customer accounts, and invest their own time and energy to secure appointments within target companies. Sales calls will include managers and influencers in facilities management, quality, sustainability, and procurement.
The After Market Sales Specialist will have wide latitude to price product as appropriate to win the business, with compensation formulas based on margin to align the incentives of both the Sales Specialist and the company.
Rochester NY or Buffalo NY
- Create and deliver a growing book of business within an established territory:
- Manage a portfolio of account opportunities from introduction to delivery
- Establish strong, relationships with end users and influencers, and position oneself as a trusted advisor to the client’s business
- Develop and drive the account strategy for achieving desired product pull through.
- Manage the scoping, proposal development, and deal closing processes for the opportunities created
- Synthesize and communicate product fulfillment requirements to the appropriate company resources, e.g., product ordering, warehousing, delivery.
- Manage customer expectations and address any concerns or issues
- Develop the operational plans to drive greater growth and financial performance period-over-period at each account.
- Provide and maintain updated customer engagement activity in the company CRM, including customer information, contacts, selling activity, bids, and forecasts.
- Become a subject matter expert in the field of air filtration sufficient to educate and advise customers.
Experience & Skills
- 5+ years (10+ yrs desired) of demonstrated success in sales roles. Experience in HVAC or industrial products preferred.
- Track record of success selling premium value propositions in competitive markets.
- Success in building new, vibrant customer relationships across multiple touchpoints in a target company, as evidenced by customer advocacy for the candidate.
- Experience writing proposals, responses to Requests for Proposals, formal bids, etc., in both commercial and public sector environments.
- Strong business acumen – ability to form market strategies and execute them.
- Professional presence and ability to command respect with managers both internally and within customer organizations.
- Technical acumen – able to grasp technical subjects easily and, once trained, be capable of engaging customer-users as technical peers.
- Self-starter, heavily motivated by the “hunt” of a sale. Proven closer.
- Excellent communications skills (presentation, written and oral).
- Strong teamwork, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Comprehensive benefits, including bonuses, health, disability, and life insurances, 401k plan with 4% max. company match, and a fantastic, collaborative team of smart, high-integrity, hardworking professionals who are passionate about serving our customers.