Ultraviolet Systems (UV)
Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) is gaining renewed interest as a powerful combatant against airborne pathogens. ASHRAE recommends using UVGI in high-density areas during the COVID-19 pandemic (learn more here).
- Facilities that use UV-C lights in conjunction with other filtration methods can expect cleaner air that’s free from viruses, bacteria and fungi.
- UVGI can be applied to airstreams and surfaces in HVAC systems, as well as to the air and surfaces in individual spaces or rooms.
RP Fedder manufactures and sells portable UVGI air purifying units, as well as UV-C lamps that can help stop airborne viruses and bacteria from spreading inside your facility.
Protect your workers. Protect the public. Let us work with you to find the best UV solution for your needs.
Portable UV-C Air Purifiers
- Features ASHRAE’s recommended combination of:
▪ a MERV-8 pre-filter with HEPA combo
▪ UV sterilization dosage of 2,000 μJ/cm² **
- Learn more about UV’s effectiveness.
Issues with HVAC equipment can wreak havoc on indoor air quality and adversely affect the health of a building’s users. That’s where we come in. RP Fedder carries UVDI’s line of advanced UV technology, which eliminates airborne pathogens, bacteria and viruses fast.
Ultraviolet light is used in HVAC coil disinfection to:
- improve air quality
- decrease pressure drop
- increase air flow
- lower maintenance costs and energy savings as a result of improved system performance
One emerging technology that has received a lot of attention for controlling previously hard-to-control volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and gaseous contamination is photocatalytic oxidation (PCO), and it is proprietary to UVDI.
Our filtration specialists have had huge success implementing UVDI’s PCO technology, which uses both UVA light and a TiO2 (titanium dioxide) catalyst to eliminate mold. This combination also eliminates volatile organic compounds such as diesel fumes and other gaseous contaminants. In environments where super clean air is needed (in other words, no mold, no volatile organic compounds), regular filters & HEPA filters simply aren’t enough.
Using UVA light + a TiO2 screen fundamentally enhances performance and takes air disinfecting to a new level. The energy cost savings that results from eliminating mold growth on units, which therefore reduces the amount of mechanical cleaning required, provides economic returns that fund the addition of those units on the front end.