Custom Industrial, Commercial, and OEM Filter Manufacturing
Since our founding in 1959, RP Fedder has been engineering and manufacturing custom filters for customers across every industry. Our filtration specialists will work with you to determine the type, size and materials that best suit your needs. We specialize in low-volume, niche applications, with production run sizes from a couple dozen up to thousands of pieces. We also provide short lead times ideal for manufacturers’ just-in-time (JIT) and lean production environments.
Our engineers will work with you to optimize the tradeoffs inherent in any filter design so you get the filter that best fits your application. We’ll work around desired:
- air flow
- filter efficiency & lifespan needs
- pressure drops
- geometric constraints
…and strike the best balance across all of the above.
Our Rochester, NY manufacturing facility has a wide range of production capabilities. If you don’t see it below, please just ask. Chances are we can accommodate the custom filter design you need.
- Wide range of media including paper, synthetics, glass, fiberglass, HEPA/ULPA, ASHRAE/expanded metal, electrostatic, nanofiber and more
- 1/2″ to 6″ high and up to 42 inches wide
- Testing & certification
- Pleat manufacturing performed inside a 10,000-class clean room
- Low-volume molded endcaps
Finished Filter Products
- With or without sealing gaskets
- Options include foam-in-place and die cut in a wide range of materials
- Options include hot melt, urethane, silicone
Testing & Certification
- Including 100% HEPA testing
Assembly and Conversion Capabilities
RP Fedder has been manufacturing filters for just about every industry since 1959. Our engineers work with you to determine the best filter design, whatever your product. Just some of the applications for which we’ve fabricated filters include:
- Medical products
- Dust collectors
- Smoke & fume evacuators
- Commercial vacuums
- Venting filters
- Animal testing cages
- Cabin filters
Air Purifier Filters
Our air purifier product range includes pre-filters, high efficiency filters such as HEPA and ULPA, and specialty carbon filters.
- Panel, cartridge or custom geometries
- Pre-filters, HEPA, Carbon
- Metal, chipboard, plastic, molded style frames/end caps
- Built to meet OEM standards
Die Cut Filters
We have high-speed presses for high volume jobs and a 60” wide press for large part geometries. If you have a die cut part you need, R.P. Fedder can help.
- Small to large geometries (up to 55” wide)
- Foam, ASHRAE, carbon, or laminated medias
- Gasket materials include foam, neoprene, poron, etc.
Typical applications are vacuum systems, conveying systems, powder booths, and wood dust collection filter elements.
- Standard and custom sizes available
- Cellulose blends, Spunbond, PTFE membrane, nanofiber media available
- Engineered solutions for troubled collectors
- High-efficiency pleat design
Digital Printing Filters
We’ve been capturing pesky toner dust since 1959. In fact, that’s how our business began: designing and manufacturing the toner bag filter for the first generation Xerox machines. Our expertise and longevity in this industry has made us a key supplier of filters, cleaning and oiler belts, and bottled silicone fluid for manufacturers around the world.
- Toner filters
- Oiler belts
- Ozone filters
- Bottled silicone sluid
Foam air filters are available in a variety of reticulated open cell polyester, polyurethane and polyethylene foam filter medias. Applications include vacuum cleaners, appliances, industrial equipment, cabin air filters, CPAP, oxygen concentrator filters, dental appliance air filters, electronic equipment air filters, HVAC air filters, medical equipment air filters, and specialty filters for our military.
- Cartridge wraps
- Ultrasonic welding
- Laminating gradient densities available
Medical filters include carbon filters, cartridge filters, capsule filters, disc filters, foam filters, HEPA filters, panel filters, pre-filters and ULPA filters used in a variety of medical appliances and equipment.
- Specialty molding available
- On-site testing and certification
- Pleated in class 10,000 cleanroom
Using a vast array of filtration media, including, fiberglass, polyester, foam, melt blown, electrostatically charged media, etc., we can pleat, die cut, ultrasonically weld and frame a pre-filter to suit your needs.
- Custom enclosures
- HEPA and ULPA filters
- Carbon trays
- Fume hood filters
- Isolation system filters
- Custom and Standard sizes
- Merv 7 to Merv 13
- Electrostatic media available
- Chipboard, metal or plastic frames
- Printed frames available for private labeling
HEPA Filters & Testing Capabilities
As one of the leading global producers of HEPA filters, we design and manufacture an array of OEM, aftermarket and custom HEPA air filters for industrial, commercial and household products. HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filters as defined by the Institute of Environmental Science & Technology (IEST) must capture a minimum of 99.97% of contaminants down to 0.3 microns in size. This means for every ten thousand 0.3 micron particles that enter the HEPA filter, no more than three particles will pass through. We have state of the art manufacturing and testing facilities for HEPA and ULPA filters. In-house testing is one way we ensure quality while saving our customers money. Each filter is labeled noting filter efficiency, pressure drop, rated air flow, serial number and lot number for unit tracking to meet our quality assurance standards.
- Cartridge, Panel, or V-Bank
- Tested in house to IEST standards
- Pleated in class 10,000 clean room
- Metal or molded frames/end caps
- One piece or dovetail gaskets
OEM / Custom Filters
We make a wide variety of filters for the most demanding OEM filtration applications including specialty and niche markets. Rugged elastic PVC end seals are cured with molded sealing beads to allow compression to eliminate contaminated bypass. Our filters are designed to meet the demanding airflow and efficiency requirements of the semiconductor, pharmaceutical, biotech, food processing, and other industries in which airborne contaminants must be carefully controlled.
- Die Cutting
- Ultrasonic Welding
- Testing & Certification
Industrial Vacuuming Filters
If you need a filter designed to meet EPA safety requirements for lead paint abatement or asbestos removal, we can help.
Weld Smoke Evacuation Filters
In welding operations, workers are in contact with harmful fumes like Hexavalent Chromium, which is made up of submicron particles – detrimental to human lungs. Our HEPA filters eliminate those harmful particles and carbon filters aid in fume reduction.
- Certified filters to remove Hexavalent Chromium
- Industrial strength build quality
RP Fedder is ISO 9001:2015 certified. This standard demonstrates our ability to consistently provide products that meet customer and regulatory requirements, as well as continuously improve how we manufacture custom filters.
Start the Conversation With Our Filtration Specialists
We are ready to work with you to determine the custom filter specifications that best suit the needs of your product or application. Please provide us with information about your use case and one of our team members will be in touch with you soon.